You have been waiting such a long time to get engaged to the love of your life, you found a photographer that you love and your engagement session is coming up. So now, you have to make a decision about what to wear to your shoot. The possibilities are endless and how could you possibly decide on just 1 or 2 looks?! Hopefully these 5 tips will help!
- I always recommend coordinating your outfits but not matching them. For example, if one of you is wearing black the other can be wearing white. It gives it a nice contrast vs blending in to each other.
- I love suggesting dresses for my girls as one of their outfit choices. They show movement in the photos and elicit romance.
- With point two said, some people don’t like dresses and it wouldn’t be natural to them. I think staying true to yourself is most important. If you are a jeans and t-shirt kind of person than that is ultimately what you are going to feel most natural in. You can always have two looks vs just one!
- Avoid neon colors and busy patterns. Most of the time, neon or loud colors will cast a color shadow on the subject’s face distorting their natural skin color. The last thing you want to do is look green in your photos!
- Talk to your photographer about the location and color choices. If your photographer does mostly nature backdrops, they will know what colors will make you pop against your background! If you are taking photos in a park surrounded by greenery they may recommend avoiding the color green or suggesting a different shade of green. As a photographer, I am always happy to help my clients chose what they are going to wear as part of their experience with me!
Bonus tip: if you want to wear a dress out of your price range consider looking on http://renttherunway.com. You’ll spend a fraction of the cost! Some of my other favorites:
http://reformation.com (absolute favorite!)
Lastly, here is a link to a pinterest board I created for some ideas! I will oftentimes send this to clients who want some inspiration. I hope this was helpful!